Academic Planning is very important if you are planning on transferring to a four-year college or university. While at PCC you can get started on completing your General Education (GE) Requirements as well as completing coursework for your major. Use the resources below to see which courses at PCC are recognized for transfer to CSU, UC and many four-year independent colleges and universities in California.

Academic Planning Resources

CSU General Education Requirements

Follow the CSU General Education Requirements for transfer to a CSU.

View CSU GE Requirements (Fall 2021 and later))

View CSU GE Requirements (Prior to Fall 2021)

UC General Education Requirements

Follow the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) Requirements for transfer to a UC.

View IGETC Requirements

Articulation Agreements

Articulation is the process of transferring credits to colleges and universities to avoid a duplication of coursework. PCC has articulation agreements with CSUs, UCs and some independent colleges. These agreements show which PCC courses are equivalent to general education and lower division major requirements at that school.

View Articulation Agreements

The Articulation System Stimulating Interinstitutional Student Transfer (ASSIST) shows the official course articulation agreements between Pasadena City College and CSU and UC and independent colleges and universities